Sunday, October 10, 2010

Historic Roswell 5k Race Report

So, yeah, been off blogging for almost another month...but a silly, little 5k race report's got me back on the ball. Yay for 5k's!

I love this race. Did it back in 2008. It was my first race post Alice. I think I ran around 22:30 or so, I can't really remember. What I do remember from that race was getting the "pukes" (not actually puking, but feeling like it was coming at any second. Yeah, I made that up.) around mile 1.5, and having to breastfeed A in the middle of a football field during the awards ceremony. I really class a race up. ;)

No pukes this race. (Always makes me think I didn't go hard enough!) Just a fun day with no real expectations. (Okay, I was not going to be happy if I went over 20 minutes.) I didn't think under 20 was possible today. I've been running, a lot, just not really focused running. Just 5 miles here, 8 miles there. Some speedwork, some trails, kind of whatever feels good on the day. (

(This low pressure schedule is working for me now, but I can tell I am getting antsy. Antsy for a goal. FIN-A-FREAKING-LY! I will keep pretending I am a normal person for a while, but I think once the holidays are over I am going to want to get back at it. Woo hoo. I think just running for now though...)

Anyway...the 5k. I ran, I hurt, the scenery was pretty, the course was a course I have run since I was 19 (needless to say, I knew where the hills were), great friends were there to cheer (thanks Bonnie, Meghan, Noah, Madeline and Patrick!), I finished 3rd overall female. And guess where I finished age group? 3rd. Boo hiss for stacked 30-34 year old AG. :) 20:50, eh, not bad, not great.

I guess I actually finished 2nd AG, since 1st went first overall, but I scooted out of there and ran up to watch the parade that follows the race with friends.

Fun day. Fun race. Love the low pressure stuff. For now....:)

9 comments:

Chad Davis said...

Sounds like a fun race! I would be very happy with that time.

Angela and David said...

Congrats Kate! I am excited to join you in "normalness". And doesn't it suck how fast our AG is?

Anonymous said...

Is Bigfoot Actual or fake? For more than 400 many years, there have been reporting’s of a man like beast which is absolutely covered in hair.
[url=http://www.is-bigfoot-real.com/]bigfoot facts[/url]

Jennifer Harrison said...

LOOK how cute you are!!! 20.50...I swear, that sub 20 is going to come, Kate! :)) Starting to itch? good! :)))

Anonymous said...

benicar-40mg-tablets-hct-4025
rising-metal-pipes-solar
alternative-dispute
how-to-pour-a-cement-landing
conc-pipe-hdwl
buell-lightning-air-filters
acid-waste-pipe
pipes-1
colocar-codigo-googl
aircraft-pipe-identification
225-id-pipe
a-old-man-smoking-a-pipe
hose-pipe-ducting
precision-porous-pipe
about-arimidex-anastrozole-1mg
steve-mcgrath-bass-player
4-sch-20-pvc-pipe-utah
national-government-state
changing-dewalt-hammer-drill
missouri-case-on-pipe-bombs
wooden-pipe-stems
how-to-set-up-named-pipes
blackfeet-pipes-for-auction
scedual-80-pipe-fitting
drm-pipe-tolerance

Tricia said...

Found your blog looking for the race results for this race... Nice job! I think you passed me by!

Anonymous said...

Найти лучшее: скачать безплатно русскоязычный фильм пункт назначения 4

Anonymous said...

Willkommen und Hallo im Sexcommunity.


Dieser Sexcommunity bietet dir die Möglichkeit ficken parkplatz und vieles mehr,wie Aufregend chatten
Hier in unsrem Sexcommunity erwarten dich ficken parkplatz sexuellen Vorlieben
Suchst du Flirt und Sextalk , mit Sicherheit bist du hier genau richtig.Ok,worauf wartest du?
Aufregend chatten dating singel ,schnell anmelden .
Du suchst jemand in Lugano, oder Germany, oder Bülach , oder aus Stäfa, oder Lienz? Bestimmt ist da jemand dabei.!

Anonymous said...

Willkommen hier im Sex-Chat.


Dieser Sex-Chat bietet dir die Alternative erotik kontakte und vieles mehr,unter anderem Blind Date
Hier im Sex-Chat findest du erotik kontakte Heiße Live Chats
Suchst du Blind Date , sicher bist du hier genau richtig.Ok,auf was wartest du?
Heiße Live Chats kontaktanzeigen seitensprung ,einfach anmelden .
Du suchst jemand von Basel-Stadt, vieleicht von Berlin, oder in Regensdorf , vieleicht in Zürich, oder Waadt? Bestimmt ist da jemand dabei.!