Saturday, March 7, 2009

No complaints.

Today was a good day.

A great day, actually.

Started out with running the Chattahoochee Road Runners 10k this morning down in Sandy Springs. As usual, I regretted my decision to race (who wants to get up early on a Saturday? I am not ready to do this again. I think I am coming down with something...these crazy thoughts running through my head on repeat Friday.)
But, of course, sitting here Saturday night, feeling the 6.2 miles in my legs (ow.), I am so happy that I made the effort to test myself today.

Racing is always fun...after the fact.

The course was a new course from previous years and it was supposed to be "very fast" and include "tons of downhills". Um, yeah, right. It was very fast -- on the downhills --- that you earned by running your butt up some steep hills. Lots of rollers with an great, fast downhill finish. I PR'd with a 43:10. 4th in my Age Group. So happy with that. More than a minute off my PR from a few weeks ago.

And did I mention --- I DID NOT THROW UP!

That totally makes for a great day. Might be even better than the PR.

The rest of the good day included a facial, 70+ degree temps, playing with neighbors outside for a few hours, dinner at my favorite restaurant with only Mike as company (always good...thanks for sitting, Mom!) and 2 sleeping girls at 10pm. Ahh...love it.

Alice and I hanging out in the cul-de-sac.


Mike crashing after his 10 miler on Riverside.


My favorite 3 year old in the world.

4 comments:

Rebecca DeWire said...

Congrats on your PR! Sounds like you had a great day.

RunningMama said...

Congrats on your PR!!

Michelle Simmons said...

43:10??? WOW!! Awesome job! :)

Angela and David said...

Congrats on the great PR! And I can totally relate to those thoughts leading up to a race.