Sunday, November 1, 2009

I Lost 10 Miles...

...and gained a really enjoyable afternoon and evening.

And a real 5k PR.

(My last 5k, while super fast, for me, was too short to call a PR. Damn you and your accuracy, Garmin. I would have loved to live in blissful ignorance that I could actually run a 19:15.) New, real PR is 20:09. So close to under 20. Yet, so stinkin' far.

Alternate post title, "I just didn't feel like running a half marathon this weekend for a lot of reasons, none of them really compelling and most of them bordering on the whiny-baby variety, so I ran a fun 5k instead and wasn't completely trashed for the cul-de-sac Halloween party we co-hosted".

While definitely a far more thorough title, it was a run on sentence. I hate run on sentences more than half marathons on Halloween. (Not true.)

Silver Comet half mary was traded in for the Zooma one next weekend.

No biggie.

And I got to run the (way more fun) Big Pumpkin 5k with my brother in law and sister in law and have legs not too tired to tear up the dance (okay, garage) floor with my sis-in-law after the UPS man and her package went to bed. After chasing her around the neighborhood while she burned 4 year old rubber to be the first one at each house. The first kid gets to ring the bell. Better than candy to her.

Could not have handled that with half marathon legs. 5k legs said "BRING IT".

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Post 5k. We had way cooler costumes for the actual race, but they got drenched.


The UPS man and her package.


The UPS man and Ernie (me).


We could not catch E to get her in here with us.

5 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Don't wear a Halloween costume next time and I bet ya get under 20! :)
cute kids... Sounds like you had a great favorite holiday!

Rebecca DeWire said...

Congrats on your PR! Awesome. It sounds like you are having fun running 5Ks.

GetBackJoJo said...

Oh... you are super close to that 19 again! So fun! Sometimes the 5K is just the way to go...

Angela and David said...

Congrats on the PR!

And the UPS man and his package - love it!

Meghan said...

i LOVE your blog!!