Thursday, December 17, 2009

2010

Yes, I, like everyone else in in triathlon-blog-land, have figured out my 2010 races and goals. I emailed Jen what they were last week.

And now that there out there...I kind of like it. I am what you call "goal oriented", to say the least.

I feel pretty much lost without one. So, it is nice to have a few for 2010.

My main one for the next few months is to get ready to kick some serious Gulf Coast A$$. I love this race. Love it. Flat, fast and hot. Yes, yes and YES!

I think the early season Half IM is perfect for me. I seem to be more motivated to train hard in the cold months. Go figure. I am not burnt out yet, no nagging injuries, etc. Works for me.

Plus, as cheesy as Panama City is....that beach is so darn beautiful. I will take the Gulf any day over the skanky leech infested lakes we swim the rest of our races here in North Georgia. I did a 5:22 in 2007, let's just say, I am ready to beat that time this year. :)

I have a few more. Under 20 in the 5k (wanted that one so badly this year, but 20:09 just doesn't cut it). Under 43 in the 10k. Under 1:40 at ING Half. Hopefully, a few minutes under 1:40.

I think all of these are totally doable...once the incredible soreness from the butterfly sets in the pool (what these look like to anyone watching? i shudder to think), and the actual doing of the strength training workouts this winter (last year, i took those as a rest day) fades away.

Totally post unrelated but seasonally appropriate pictures of the girls' preschool Holiday program from yesterday.



7 comments:

Allison Chapple said...

You know what's weird? Our IM and HIM times are essentially the same (mine are 13:44 and 5:20). Too bad your run times are much faster :P. Maybe I should start planning some race goals too! You all have inspired me.

Will you be coming to W-S for b-ball season?

GetBackJoJo said...

I love plans! I love that last picture too--of Alice, right? It's hilarious!

Rebecca DeWire said...

The pics at the Christmas pageant are adorable! And I love your goal of going fast at the half, especially since we have the same PR. Hopefully we both get new ones that start with 4 and not 5:) And I agree that the beach in Panama City is awesome even if it is the redneck riviera.

Jennifer Harrison said...

YES!!!!!!!!! Love 2010 planning! I am going to ignore that you said you blew off the strength, I knew that, of course, but don't like to read about it! LOL. Ok, NOT this winter - back to the gym for you. I (as you know) do NOT love that stuff either, but hired a personal trainer (performance trainer) and a focus on TRX and stuff and LOVE IT.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the pics of the girls and CUTE shirts on them! :)

Angela said...

Uh, if I could be guaranteed cute girls like yours, I would so plan my third child right now!

H said...

we have some of the same goals! I'm just further from them! I want sub-20 5K (21:45), sub-43 10K (45:17), and sub 1:40 half (1:40:50).... The half is the only one I'm sure is possible but I figured I'd go for it!

Angela and David said...

I LOVE Alice's skirt! Great pictures.

And those goals are totally do-able. You'll hate Jen some days but you'll hit those times.

David is now serious about a business in Duluth (I think that's how it's spelled, right outside of Atlanta). I'll keep you posted.