Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Big News!

Since my last post ohsolongago in March, I remain happily unmotivated to train like a madwoman. My torn right quad has probably played a part in that, too....3 weeks off from running and now 5 weeks later, it still hurts to walk sometimes....kinda limits you.

(Let me just say, it's been a while since I had an "injury" injury, you know, the ones where you actually get hurt, not just overuse. And wow, did that effer ever hurt. Kicked the ball in a soccer game and just doubled over. Tried to play some more....cried on the field. Left the field, stretched. Cried like a baby. Drove myself to the hospital. Cried. Went home and crawled up the stairs to bed. And probably cried some more. A good night all around. :)

Anyway, on to the big news. (If you're on Facebook, you probably already have seen this, but just in case you're not...). I have started a new business. A photography business!

Been in the works for a while now....building my portfolio, my website, blog, FB fan page, taking classes, learning software, getting incorporated, blah, blah, blah.

I am just loving, loving, loving it. Love the whole process...am so thankful to have found this passion and fingers crossed it will be a success.

Check it out....Kate T. Parker Photography!
http://www.katetparkerphotography.com/


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck!! The website looks amazing!!

Angela and David said...

Very exciting! And so cool that you pursued your passion and what makes you happy. Now to get you taking pictures of Zach!

Jennifer Harrison said...

KATE! While I miss you in the Triathlon world, I am SO glad you found your passion and are making your dreams come true! MANY just talk but you DID IT -- good for you and good luck! :))

Alicia Parr said...

Good luck with the photog biz!