Thursday, January 20, 2011

I never said I was smart.

Not now.

And definitely not as a kid.

My burning desire as a child? My ambition? My consistent answer to "what do you want to be when you grow up, Katie?"

Not doctor, not lawyer, not president.

Nope.

Tooth Fairy.

I thought it sounded like an awesome job. Fly around. Collect teeth. Leave money for kids.
Sign me up.

When my mom finally set me straight (waay later than normal) regarding my future career and um, the fact that shhh....she's not real. I lost my sh%$. For days, I am told. Tears and more tears and "why did you tell me's???".

See? Not too smart.

Anyway, zip forward 30some years and guess freaking what?

I AM THE TOOTH FAIRY NOW.

Take that um, mom...er, maybe not, you were just trying to enlighten a little weirdo that believed in flying fairies.

Take that....reality?

Ella's lost 5 teeth already and I'm sort of a pro now.

After her last tooth came out the other night, my sister texted me to point out "see? your childhood dream came true."

I am so pathetic. ;)

E's letter to the tooth fairy....


Regarding my half marathon training. (I am doing Disney Princess Half at the end of Feb.) It is going great. I am really loving running 5-6 days a week...shocking the hell out of me.

6 comments:

Rebecca DeWire said...

That letter is adorable. Glad to hear the running is going so well.

Unknown said...

Love it!!! Great photo of the letter :D Glad you are feeling good about running again! See you Sunday! (go easy on me, okay?)

Meghan said...

sooo glad your dreams are coming true!!! :)

Angela and David said...

Love that letter. And so jealous of all your running!

skippy haha said...

i know you in real life, and you are too smart! so there!
i believed in the toothfairy and santa waaaay too long, too. i was like ALL these people couldn't be lying, right? right? right? turned out they were.

Alicia Parr said...

So glad you're living out your dream job. :)