Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Elemental

The elements.

What wonderful treats they bring the outdoor runner, biker, walker, etc. this time of year.

Frozen toes, fingers, snot.....to name a few.

I know, I know, Atlanta is in the deep South. We're supposed to be warm, and welcoming.

Tell that to my neck gater. Poor thing's exhausted from all the use she's gotten this year. Once upon a time, I'd break her out like the good wine, once in a blue moon.

Now, it is every stinking run.

I am not complaining though...I like the elements.

I like the heat. I like the freezing cold. I like running in the rain. In the snow....

Why? 'Cause it makes me feel tough. And I am not tough.

At heart, at my core? A wuss, A scardey cat wuss who'd prefer sunny and seventy, thankyouverymuch.

The elements make me feel like the badass I am not.

I take my badass where I can get it...even if it means 8 miles in freezing rain.

3 comments:

Angela and David said...

You are too funny. The winter elements in Atlanta. Ha ha ha. That is good stuff.

Jennifer Harrison said...

HA! You can tell where Angela and I live, eh? I love the cold Atlanta temps! :) but, you are tough for sure!
MERRY Christmas to the Parkers (hahah!) :)x

Alicia Parr said...

Well I'll have you Chicagoans know that it's been a very cold December this year for us in the south. So there.