Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Who knew?

Yes, who knew that swimming would feel so good? I've been in the pool 3 times in the past few weeks. Yes, a record for me as of late. I got really burned out from swimming after the 2007 tri season and could not force myself back into the pool at all. I tried a few times, but after a couple of sets, I was bored, tired and done.

Mike wanted to get back into the pool, so I decided to go keep him company.

Now that my running is getting slower and slower and my biking is um, well, let's just say, I don't know where my bike shoes are right now....the swim has been awesome. Since I really have nothing to compare myself against in the water (being no good in the pool comes in handy when you're pregnant!) I don't feel sorely out of shape. I am not worried about my running shorts being too small, or if I am going too hard, or that 4 miles is a joke...nope, I am just stroking and breathing, stroking and breathing.

The hardest part is getting into a bathing suit 3 months pregnant and not looking pregnant, just fat. But, hey, you're only out of the water a few seconds anyway. Right?

45 mins. in the water today. A measly 1800 yards, but we're going to get more next time!

No comments: