Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday at the track

Ding.

That is the sound of my training peaks email that arrives every morning promptly at 12:01 am from Jen detailing my workout for the next day.

The ding this morning was a track workout. 800 repeats. Descending. 6 of 'em. Last 2 max effort. Ooof. Painful, especially since I know I have to wait until after dinner to go to the track. (I like to get my workouts, especially hard ones, done early in the day.) I was not looking forward to this by myself. Good thing I didn't have to....

I can't thank Michelle (and Eddie) enough for meeting me there.

Seriously, she's awesome. Couldn't ask for a more "up for anything" training partner.

800 track repeats? "Sure...what time?"

Swim 3100 meters at 5:10am? "See you there!"

She's training for IM Wisconsin in September, in love with zone 2 (can go ALL DAY in zone 2), but is happy to get nauseous, see stars and leave zone 2 far behind in the pool, on the bike and track with me. Thanks, Michelle!

Eddie (aka "Drago", the commenter always giving me sh^% on here), photographer extraordinare, Michelle's husband, and all around smartass came to marvel at our blazing speed (and run, too).


Michelle and I were modeling for Eddie. He was really impressed. He didn't say anything, but I could tell in his eyes. He knows good models since he's a real photographer. ;)


Off to bed now. I am exhausted from a day of Monkey Joe's with E's school buddies (and mine, too -- the other mom's from E's school are awesome and so much fun to hang out with. I feel like I hit the jackpot with her class moms.) and Alice's new skill. Constant talking. Or more accurately. Constant yelling. All day long....NANANANANANANANANA. Full volume. In my ear. Very cute, but loud.

4 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

I'm with ya on the value of a good training partner!! So key!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good one!!!

Angela and David said...

I want a good training partner. I'm jealous.

You guys are having way too much fun at the track.

Michelle H. said...

Aww Kate - YOU are such an awesome training partner too....making me get out of my comfort zone is no easy task!! And seriously making IM training... actually.. kind of 'fun!'