Saturday, May 2, 2009

Feet up

My feet are up for the night.

Well, at least until Alice starts yelling or Ella needs water, or her blankie, or the light on. So, to be more accurate, let's substitute "night" for "the next five minutes at most".

They are tired. Tired from a week's worth of hard, but awesome, workouts and really tired from wearing high heels last night.
Something I never do. Heels suck. I think a night in heels does more damage to my poor dogs than running a marathon. Something is wrong with that.

Mike and I got all fancied up and went to a wine tasting and auction for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta last night. Lots of fun, conversation, wine and a few hours later we ended up with the winning bids on way too many, way too random things.

A recap of our night....

Glug. Glug.

All 3 Sports gift card? I am all over that. Makes sense, I will totally use this.
$100 bucks at the New Balance store? Yessah. I really want some new shoes. What a great bargain.

Sip. Sip. Sip.
A Jimmy Buffet autographed book? Hmmm.....that didn't sound good before, but now for some reason sounds like we must have that!. Yes, I know, we are not even fans, but it. is. autographed.

A weekend away in Florida at the WaterColor Inn? Yes. (Um, refill here please.) Yes, that does sound expensive, but (that is a good champagne. let's go back and try some more.) hey, this is for charity, right?

Cheers!
Tickets to the Barclays golf tournament, a haircut at a local salon, and a dinner at a nearby restaurant round out our booty.

Funny thing is...most of this was Mike. The guy hates to shop, but get him at an auction and he is dangerous.

Heading out..


The girls this week...

Carousel with my mom (I have only been on once with E. I get so sick on there. What a wuss, I am.)


This little devil has decided she doesn't like to sleep at night or nap anymore. Good thing she's cute. Let's move on past this phase and fast, Miss Alice. Mommy is begging. please...


This one has decided she wants to sleep with a night cap on ("Mommy, I want a hat to sleep in...a long one...like Santa wears.") Um, sure. Size 5T nightcaps are SO easy to find.

7 comments:

Angela and David said...

You guys look great for your night out. And I hear ya on the heals. I used to wear them constantly (because I like to appear taller) and then when I was pregnant I started wearing flats. I don't know why I didn't wear flats earlier - love them. I don't care how fancy the occassion, I will find some flats that work.

Michelle Simmons said...

Cheers! The Children of Atlanta *thank you*. ;)

Alicia Parr said...

5T night caps. Hmmmm... Know anyone that sews?

Rebecca DeWire said...

You look beautiful! And I just love that dress. Sounds like you had a fun night out.

Kate Parker said...

Alicia -- my mom is on the case. :)

Rebecca -- Thanks...it is Banana Republic. Think they're still on sale now if you want one.

Danielle said...

I totally agree with you about the heels. They are EVIL! So is sitting with your legs crossed....always kills my knees. Good thing I ain't a lady!

Jennifer Harrison said...

You guys look so cute - and the girls too! Nice to get out...I am a huge Jimmy Buffett fan....funny how everything is a "OH MY GOSH I NEED THAT" while at auctions! I donate my coaching to a TON of local ones here.