Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hi-Ya Baby

If nothing else, my girls crack me up.

Like laughing until I cry kind of funny. Which, lucky for me, is one of my favorite things to do.

Hi-Ya Baby is the latest comedy routine out of the Parker girls.

I have no idea where she got it from, or how she made it up, but Ella now calls Alice (instead of her other nicknames, The Boss, Chicken, and Allie Mallie Chicken Rally) "Hi-Ya Baby".

As in, Hi-Ya, like before you do a karate chop. As in "her not Alice, mommy. Her name is Hi-Ya Baby".

According to E, "Hi-Ya Babies" are "sneaky like tigers", "naked", and "like to hit people's tummies".

Um, okay.

All I know is Hi-Ya Babies like to do this....on purpose.

Not too funny.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

hahahahaha...and look at that smile...it is saying "waaahhhhhhaaaahhhhaaaaaaaa"

Mimi said...

and sometimes Hi-Ya babies have to put their Mimis in their place. Just so they know who's the Boss.

busyrunningmama said...

Isn't it funny how we give our children and pets crazy nicknames.....
We call my son Jake... "Stink face" and my son Jett.. " Jetty Jetty Machete" and our dog Shilo...."poopers"

It is sooooo strange!! Oh well - it makes all of us laugh too!!

BTW, I am so glad that my kids are past the days of throwing food on the floor ;0)

Allison Chapple said...

I think we have a Hi-Ya baby in this house too. Is your dog also about 10 pounds heavier since Alice was born from all of the food that hits the floor every meal and snack?

Angela and David said...

Hi-Ya Baby sure is proud of herself. My personl favorite right now is "uh oh" said each time something is intentionally thrown.

Alicia Parr said...

Hi-Ya! Take THAT sippy cup!

Makes me think of that movie Crouching Tiger, Sleeping Dragon. Or whatever it's called. That was a good movie.