Friday, August 8, 2008

1 Week Down...

So, my first solo week as a mom of two is (almost) over and the verdict is....

not too bad. :)

I think I can swing this.

Good thing, right?

Yes, we're definitely tired. (although still not nearly as exhausted as I was when pregnant.)

And yeah, I have not slept in the same bed as Mike for over two weeks now. (my ingenious "shift" schedule with Alice is to thank for that.)

A small price to pay for having wonderful Alice here. She's such a good baby. Very content, happy to sit in her chair and watch her big sister. Loves to eat....and a lot.

We're all settling into a routine, too.

E starts school in a few weeks and I think that will help her. She seems to be missing other kids....no gym=no Kids Klub=a ton of extra energy for Miss E=guilt ridden Mommy for not being able to 100% entertain her 3 year old.

I've already started the countdown until Alice can go with me to the gym....I miss it! Mike and I are both rushing around like madmen at the end of the day to try to fit both of our workouts in along with dinner, baths, feedings, and bedtimes.

I think a treadmill is a definite investment that Mike and I are going to make though....getting a run in while Alice is napping is going to rock.

Happy Fridays everyone.

1 comment:

N.D. said...

Nice job getting into the routine. A treadmill would definitely be great for you right now!