Monday, April 21, 2008

Back Home


Back in ATL after a long weekend in Asheville, NC. My mom, dad, sister (and husband), brother (and wife and his 4 kids), me, Mike and Ella and three dogs all packed into one (LOUD) house and had a great time. Got to visit some more family that lives nearby at Lake Lure. The kids all had a ton of fun. Ella misses her "cousins" already and wants them to come to her house....now. :)

Mike, Holly (my sis-in-law), and I all decided to take on the .8 mile gravel road entry way to the cabin in a run yesterday. Doesn't sound too hard, right? Just run up and back a couple times until we're done and then head in for showers. Well, it WAS. And not only for the 6 months pregnant lady, too. Mike and Holly are FIT and they were struggling with the grade. It was straight downhill to the front for .8 miles then straight uphill back in. Ugh. The altitude didn't help either. I definitely failed in keeping my breathing "conversational" as I am supposed to. Those two dropped me fast....I was out of breath just walking and feel super sore today. Fun, tough workout for everyone. Nice to change it up a bit once in a while.

Had a 3-D ultrasound this morning and got to see the little one's face. So cute. She's right on track with growth and everything is looking good...so good that they don't need to see me for another 6 weeks. Yahoo. Love to hear that. Keep cooking and growing, little one!

Pictures from this weekend are linked below to the right....if interested!

No comments: