Monday, June 16, 2008

Janet Evans

E's our own little, blonde Janet Evans.

She had a swim lesson today at our neighborhood pool and was really swimming. Truly. Not a long distance, but really swimming. Arms pulling water, legs kicking, lifting her head to breathe -- the whole deal. I am so proud. At the risk of sounding like a braggart, her teacher said she was the best she'd ever seen at her age. (Okay, too late...I am a big braggart.) But, yay for E, right? :) I just wanted to make sure that she's cool to get to the side safely in case she falls in...the rest is gravy.

She is so happy and full of joy when she's swimming, it is awesome to see. (I could take a cue from her. Swimming? Near the bottom of my favorite workouts list.)

Some pictures from her lesson today.

Jumping off the diving board.




The rest of the family is doing well, too. Me? I am happy not to be in the hospital with pre-eclampsia. :) Thankful to be at the gym this morning. Miss Mildred (E's favorite) at the LA Fitness Kids Klub seems to think that the baby has moved...just by looking at my belly. Who knows? I will chose to believe her and not worry any more about this baby being breech, not much I can do about it anyway.

One of the trainers at the gym asked me how far along I was since he didn't think my belly could get much bigger. Thanks, dude. :) You just watch....I've got 8 more weeks to get bigger. I might just knock you over with it, too. Watch out!
32 weeks and a few days.

Mike's coping with some sore calves from his first road race in a long time on Saturday. He did the GA 400 road race on Saturday AM and did really well. Definitely was working hard! A 4 mile race. Ugh. Sounds painful. 3.1 for a 5K hurts enough as it is....the other .9 I could do without.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Ella!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Ella will be able to beat me in the pool; unlike her mom....

H said...

It's odd how once you sprout a belly everyone is an expert.

Ran across your blog -- you're just a couple weeks behind me, sounds like. Good luck! :)