Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"Getting harder and harder, huh?"

I got that comment from a guy I know at the gym while I was running...and sweating...and beet faced. I guess my belly is becoming more and more obvious. But, yes!! It is getting harder and harder.

This is the first week that I've been noticing the lower back pains that plagued my runs during my last pregnancy. I know they are just going to get worse as I get bigger. Better go find my heating pad that's been stashed away for the past 3 years.

Will try to keep up with my runs as long as they feel good. I can deal with the achiness post run, but there comes a point where you have to think...is it worth it? Not there yet, not even close. 40 minute run today between a 8:45 and 9:40 pace....picked it up at the end. Felt so good. :)

I found some awesome maternity workout clothes. Last time around I COULD NOT find any maternity running shorts...so I worked out in my Nike maternity pants the whole time. Not fun. I like to run in shorts. No need to be hotter than I already am. Although these shorts lack a liner...WTF? Who makes running shorts with no liner? Duh. But, well worth it even sans liner. Small steps, I guess. :)

No comments: