Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More pics

I had to post yesterday from my iphone (fantasy baseball drafting Mike monopolized the computer), which is not too convenient, so I've got some more pictures and info from the ultrasound. (Probably only exciting for grandparents, so feel free to stop reading now.) :)

My OB has me to go the perinatologist for my ultrasounds and Mike and I love him. He's awesome. He told us yesterday that he would like to see me every 4 weeks for ultrasounds, which is fine by me. I am pretty skittish this pregnancy after what happened last time with Ella. (I had seizures from eclampsia a week post partum and they're checking into whether or not it was actually HELLP Syndrome instead of just eclampsia.) Both things are pretty scary, but HELLP scares the hell out of me, so I'd love someone to be on top of everything. Doc told me to start taking my blood pressure every day and chart it. Normally, I have really low BP (around or below 100 for the top #, systolic or diastolic, can't remember which one comes first.) so when mine spiked a bit after having E, they didn't really care too much since it was still relatively low. At least, this way, we have a pattern and history and feel like we have SOME control of what is going on...or illusion of control? Whatever helps me to sleep at night, right?

But, the doc did some test on the uterine arteries to see how the blood is flowing and apparently you can tell with about 40-60% accuracy (not great, but better than nothing.) if you are going to have problems with high blood pressure/pre-eclampsia, etc. Mine were great...no problems at all. Phew! It is just amazing how much you can tell this early on.


Heading to the ultrasound


Baby girl in tow




E is celebrating her little sister...she DID NOT want a brother....at all.


In non baby related news, I am SO excited. Our last MacBook totally died this weekend, so I am typing away on my new MacBook. Love it!

1 comment:

~Denise~ said...

Glad to hear things are going well with this pregnancy. I wish you the best!

I'm a HELLP mommy myself, and know how scary it can be to have another baby.

Denise