Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ow.

Fighting a migraine today. Its a close battle, but I think I am winning. He started off by pounding my head during my morning ride...then continued to beat me up at the grocery store making me open up a bottle of tylenol on line, then he pulled out all the stops and kicked in with the one two punch of nausea and light/sound sensitivity. Bastard.

Although, the usual right eye blindness (no kidding...my right eye loses sight during migraines.) has not surfaced. It just feels a bit weird right now.

I am holed up in the den right now willing Ella to continue her nap until Mike gets home. Doubt that, but in my current state, I can't succumb to Hydrocodone and drift away painfree. Tylenol is all the baby allows.

Good day otherwise, had a nice indoor ride this AM. Getting back on track as far as my eating. Things were getting out of control for a while there. (Chocolate shakes, lots of snacks, not a lot of healthy stuff.) I continued the trend of eating whatever and whenever I wanted from my first trimester when that was all that would work for my sick self. Not gonna work for the entire 9 months though...unless I want to gain 50 lbs. WHICH I DON'T. About half of that would work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I've had migraines my entire life. If you haven't seen it, The Daily Headache (http://www.thedailyheadache.com/) is a good resource for migraine issues... treatments, research, etc. Take care.

Kate Parker said...

Thanks, Joe...will check it out.